WebCharts3D software includes WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) designer
that will help you to define chart styles, view styles XSD Schema and DTD, generate XML and/or Java code,
bind charts to datasources, view recommended JSP or custom tags code, deploy code to the server, and export and
preview charts in a variety of formats.
Using Designer you can customize each of the chart elements, define palettes,
colors, gradients, transparencies, axes scales, formats and titles, frame rotation and decoration, legend placement and alignment,
mix different elements within a single chart, and create parameterized annotations and event handlers.
WebCharts3D Designer provides the following views:
- Design - displays the currently edited chart and its properties. This view uses Designer Component supplied with
the product that can be easily incorporated into your application to provide your end-users with chart editing capabilities.
- Xml Style - displays and allows you to edit, load and save the XML representation of the current chart's style. This view can also optionally show Java
code required to instantiate the style object manually, and XSD or DTD schema for the style XML.
- Xml Model - displays and allows you to edit XML and table representation of the data used to render current chart.
Using this view you can also import data from databases and files in order to preview the chart or to generate static chart with your data.
- Code View - displays code required to produce the chart. This view supports generating JSP code for both direct and
indirect access method, JSP custom tags, JSF tags, and applet tag. Using this view you can also bind the chart to dynamic datasources such as
databases or delimited files.
- Console - allows you to launch the embedded HTTP server on port 8802. Once this server is launched, you can preview the
currently edited chart with animation effects and interactivity features in any format by directing your browser to http://localhost:8802.
- Help - provides help information for WebCharts3D Designer and environment.
The Designer can be easily incorporated into your own applications to provide your end-users with chart editing capabilities.
To see an applet running light version of the designer click here. (Java plugin 1.4.2 or above is required).
For more information about Designer please refer to User's Guide.